Re: vmware on debian etch

On Friday 17 November 2006 14:59, H.S. wrote:
> Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> > On Friday 17 November 2006 14:44, H.S. wrote:
> >>I have read the other replied, and I just now uninstalled vmware. I am
> >>going to try the rpm now and I'll see if that works.
> >
> > You installed via the TAR.GZ before?  That was what I did, and all seemed
> > to work.
>
> I did change the target installation location to /usr/local however. Do
> you think that would have mattered?

No, that's where I have mine installed.

> > Yes, that is the right text. :)  Do you have javascript turned off?  Any
> > other security features?  The login page seems to make use of some funky
> > iframe stuff, as well as Javascript.
>
> Not that I know of. All other pages work and I have never knowingly
> killed javascript in either of the two browsers.

Hmm...that is odd.  Are you getting any error messages in the logs
under /var/log/vmware-mui?  Specifically access_log and error_log, but look
in the other files too.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111