Re: Wireless interface stopped working in Etch

Update:

The card is also working fine with ndiswrapper. The only thing is that I still get errors when I take the interface down:

   # ifdown eth1
ndiswrapper (set_infra_mode:200): setting operating mode to 2 failed (C0010015)
   Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
       SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid argument

The last two lines are very similar to the error I get with the RT2500 driver. I have removed rt2500-modules-... .deb with dpkg. I have removed the lines

pre-up ifconfig eth1 up
pre-up iwpriv eth1 set AuthMode=OPEN

from /etc/network/interfaces. Yet something still seems to be trying to use 'SET' (possibly 'set AuthMode'?).

--
Chris.