Re: ca-certificates

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:50:50 +0100
Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

> The post-installation script is here:
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/ca-certificates.postinst
>
> You can try to add
>
> set -x
>
> at the beginning of this script, right after the comment header. Then
> run "dpkg --configure ca-certificates" and the post-installation script

I did what you suggested. The first time I ran the reconfigure script
it dawned on me that the error may be actually caused by a subprogram
called 'update-ca-certificates'. But it is not clear to me why it fails
with an error; it seems to chug mightily through what it is doing and
seems to get stuck in- side update-certificates on a c_rehash function.
It generated nearly 2.5 megabytes of output text just by putting those
two 'set -x' items in the two shell scripts.

Needless to say, I won't include the output here - it is far too big to
send as an attachment. I can upload it somewhere (pastebin?) or just
copy out the first and last part (say 20 lines) and include that as an
attachment...

And over here, /bin/sh is linked to bash.

Oh, and nevermind. I think I have the problem nailed down - c_rehash is
living in /usr/local/bin and likely that is executed before the
canonical one in /usr/bin. Dang it ;()

Well, that made it work. Thanks for cluing me into something :).

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.