Re: Cannot change default browser

On 11/13/06, cothrige <cothrige@bellsouth.net> wrote:
* Alan Ianson (agianson@shaw.ca) wrote:

> Try running update-alternatives --all. There is also a x-gnome-browser (or
> somesuch) that may need an adjustment.

I found x-www-browser, www-browser and gnome-www-browser.  I set them
all just in case.  I find the same result for gnome-www-browser as the
other, and even though I set it it has no effect.  So far, no matter
what I do I get epiphany, or opera if I uninstall epiphany.  BTW, I
also confirmed that the symlink in /etc/alternatives points to
firefox, which seems to indicate that the system is not even accessing
these links.

Patrick

You could just install kcontrol; it looks like it only depends on a couple
of things that kopete doesn't.

Otherwise, try opening ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
There should be an entry like this:
[General]
BrowserApplication=!/usr/bin/epiphany

Change that to firefox and hopefully you will be ready to go.
I have not tried this, and I am not responsible if your monitor explodes.

Cheers,
Kelly