Re: Trouble browsing secure web sites (scotiaonline.com)

On Sun November 12 2006 21:48, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 04:53:52PM -0800, Alan Ianson wrote:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > I am having trouble browsing my banks web site to do online banking. I
> > can log into the site but web pages don't seem to load up in the browser.
> > This is only the case when running testing or unstable, I can navigate
> > the site just fine with sarge.
> >
> > This has been the case since shortly after the release of sarge last
> > year, I could never use the site with testing or unstable. It's been my
> > hope that it would clear up before the release of etch as stable, but now
> > I wonder if it will since the scheduled release of etch is only a month
> > or so away.
> >
> >From my experience, etch is not ready for release.  Of three machines
>
> with etch installed in my house, two are unusable.  On one I dual-boot
> with sarge to get work done; on the other I've had to dual-boot Ubuntu.

I find etch (and even sid) very usable at the moment. OOo 2.0.4 seems to be
working well reading/saving to/from different formats.

I'm using sid at the moment and the sluggishness of kmail moving to the next
unread message seems to be gone.

Of course I guess it depends on what apps your using and how well they are
working.. :)

I have konqueror trying to load my banks website in the background. It took
quite a while but it just loaded up the intro page. Looks like it wants to
work but just can't quite do it.

I can't seem to write to a usb stick either, the system thinks it's full when
there is around 400 MB free there.

I'd sure like to see icon zooming return to the current kde also but that's
about all that's busting my chops. :)

> I'd like to go back to Debian testing on those machines, but I can't
> until critical problems are fixed.

What kind of problems are you having there? Maybe someone on the list (or
groups as the case may be) can help.