Re: Trouble browsing secure web sites (scotiaonline.com)

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 04:53:52PM -0800, Alan Ianson wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am having trouble browsing my banks web site to do online banking. I can log
> into the site but web pages don't seem to load up in the browser. This is
> only the case when running testing or unstable, I can navigate the site just
> fine with sarge.
>
> This has been the case since shortly after the release of sarge last year, I
> could never use the site with testing or unstable. It's been my hope that it
> would clear up before the release of etch as stable, but now I wonder if it
> will since the scheduled release of etch is only a month or so away.

>From my experience, etch is not ready for release.  Of three machines
with etch installed in my house, two are unusable.  On one I dual-boot
with sarge to get work done; on the other I've had to dual-boot Ubuntu.

I'd like to go back to Debian testing on those machines, but I can't
until critical problems are fixed.

Apparently the people in charge of releases think otherwise.

-- hendrik