Re: Wanted: decent GNOME player with MP4/AAC support

2006/11/11, André Wendt <andre.wendt@web.de>:
Hi,

I'm so sick of it. I'm a Debian/testing user running GNOME and would
like to find a decent music player with AAC support. I know this must
have been asked here or elsewhere a thousand times before, but I have
been searching the WWW for too long now.

I haven't been able to find a player that suits my needs. Maybe I
already have it, and just cannot play my files with it. I don't know. Or
maybe all of my 3 requests cannot be served at the same time. :)

What I want:

* MP4/AAC support (unencrypted files)
* manage/browse my music library, preferably with drag and drop support
* GNOME interface (anything that requires kdelibs is IMO not fast enough
and just looks ugly)

Whatever software I have looked at so far, at least one of the above
requirements were not met.

You need libfaad2 to play your files. Then, for xmms, install xmms-mp4.