Re: mutt still sees expired apache certificate

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 18:43:19 +0000
Dave Ewart <davee@sungate.co.uk> wrote:

> On Saturday, 11.11.2006 at 13:04 +0000, Maurits van Rees wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The apache certificate for my mail server expired recently, so I
> > created a new one.  When I go to that mail server via de
> > squirrelmail web interface, the new certificate is displayed.  But
> > when I go to the server with mutt, it shows me the old certificate
> > and rightfully says:
> >
> > WARNING: Server certificate has expired
> >
> > I can now reject it or allow it once, but no matter what I do, the
> > next time I start mutt it still complains about the old certificate.
> > BTW, when I accept it once, I can login fine.
> >
> > Is there something in mutt I can do to make mutt forget about that
> > old certificate and ask the server for the current one?
> >
> > Or should I do something on the server?  Apache has been reloaded
> > and/or restarted and shows the correct certificate via the webmail
> > interface, so I *think* it is fine.
>
> I suspect the problem is that Mutt doesn't *use* the web interface!
> Mutt must be using either POP3/SSL or IMAP/SSL if it has been
> configured to use SSL: you need to fix the POP3 or IMAP certificate,
> in that case, not just Apache.
>
> Dave.

Mutt doesn't use POP3/IMAP/SSL or anything like that. It purely reads
local mailboxes. I suggest you look at the MTA you are using. Postfix,
sendmail, whatever.

--
John K Masters - User #417400 in the Linux Counter
http://counter.li.org/

However, many electrons were terrible inconvenienced.