mutt still sees expired apache certificate

Hi,

The apache certificate for my mail server expired recently, so I
created a new one.  When I go to that mail server via de squirrelmail
web interface, the new certificate is displayed.  But when I go to the
server with mutt, it shows me the old certificate and rightfully says:

WARNING: Server certificate has expired

I can now reject it or allow it once, but no matter what I do, the
next time I start mutt it still complains about the old certificate.
BTW, when I accept it once, I can login fine.

Is there something in mutt I can do to make mutt forget about that old
certificate and ask the server for the current one?

Or should I do something on the server?  Apache has been reloaded
and/or restarted and shows the correct certificate via the webmail
interface, so I *think* it is fine.

In my .muttrc I have:

set certificate_file=~/.mutt/certificates

This file indeed seems to have the old certificate.  At least it has
the same date as the old certificate.

I tried setting this to a different file or deleting the file or
emptying it, all without result.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/