Re: mutt still sees expired apache certificate

On Saturday, 11.11.2006 at 13:04 +0000, Maurits van Rees wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The apache certificate for my mail server expired recently, so I
> created a new one.  When I go to that mail server via de squirrelmail
> web interface, the new certificate is displayed.  But when I go to the
> server with mutt, it shows me the old certificate and rightfully says:
>
> WARNING: Server certificate has expired
>
> I can now reject it or allow it once, but no matter what I do, the
> next time I start mutt it still complains about the old certificate.
> BTW, when I accept it once, I can login fine.
>
> Is there something in mutt I can do to make mutt forget about that old
> certificate and ask the server for the current one?
>
> Or should I do something on the server?  Apache has been reloaded
> and/or restarted and shows the correct certificate via the webmail
> interface, so I *think* it is fine.

I suspect the problem is that Mutt doesn't *use* the web interface!
Mutt must be using either POP3/SSL or IMAP/SSL if it has been configured
to use SSL: you need to fix the POP3 or IMAP certificate, in that case,
not just Apache.

Dave.
--
Please don't CC me on list messages!