booting etch with / as lvm

Hi,

I am trying to get my system booting so that all filesystems are on lvm
(apart from /boot obviously). I am moving from a normal setup.

I have created my lv's and copied the data over, set up grub but when it
tries to boot it cannot find the vg/lv's. If I boot up with my old root
partition I have to run vgscan;vgchange -ay to make the partitons
active. How do I make this happen automatically during boot so that the
kernel can use lvm as the root partition?

On a similar note, I just installed etch 64-bit on another box, and the
installer created the lvm stuff, but on reboot cannot find my vg. I am
assuming this is a similar problem, but would have thought the installer
would have solved that for me (i guess not).

I saw a mention of lvmcreate_initrd, but that does not seem to exist in
lvm2... is there a replacement for lvm2?

email: anton@piatek.co.uk	home: 02380 557 995
mobile:	07900 951 627		work: 01962 816 557
blog/photos:			http://www.strangeparty.com
pgp: [0xB307BAEF]	(http://tastycake.net/~anton/anton.asc)
fingerprint: 116A 5F01 1E5F 1ADE 78C6 EDB3 B9B6 E622 B307 BAEF