Re: maildrop "lockfile" error with maildir

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
in procmail, you'd put a / after the destination to use it as a
maildir, maybe you need that in maildrop? maybe its trying to create
an mbox called spam with a directory already exits and that's causing
problems.
No. According to the man page, maildrop expects a directory in the "to" statement to be a maildir, and a file in the "to" statement to be a mbox. I'm getting proper deliveries to my maildir structures without a trailing slash.

Having lost more than a day switching from procmail to maildrop, I'm wishing that I had written down the reason I decided to change. I need to adopt the practice of keeping notes in ink in a bound journal, so that I'll have an indelible record not only of what I've done, but why I did it.

P.S. I was looking at two messages at once, thus my reference to the examples, which were provided in the other message.

RLH