Re: maildrop "lockfile" error with maildir

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 10:53:53PM -0600, Russell L. Harris wrote:

>   pop3.isp.com -> getmail4 -> maildrop -> [ maildir structures ] -> mutt
>
> I created the maildir structures manually, using the command:
>
>    $ mkdir -p ~/mail/<new-maildir-name>/{cur,new,tmp}
>
> I am getting errors of the following variety:
>
>    Delivery error (command maildrop 20225 error (75, /usr/bin/maildrop:
> Unable to create a dot-lock at computer/20225.0.cromwell.))

maybe its a permissions issue on your maildirs?

> Here is my "~/.mailfilter" file:
>

>    DEFAULT="$HOME/mail/nondescript/"
>
>    ### flagged by SpamAssassin
>
>    if ( /^Subject:.*SPAM/ )
>    to spam

in procmail, you'd put a / after the destination to use it as a
maildir, maybe you need that in maildrop? maybe its trying to create
an mbox called spam with a directory already exits and that's causing
problems.
just a .02 guess.