Re: Yes, I really did it!

On Friday 03 November 2006 05:10 pm, Name Withheld wrote:
> rm -rf /
>
> Yep,
> I really did it. I was pretty angry at the time, about ready to take a very
> large hammer in hand and reduce that old, obsolete i386 box to scrap.
Easiest way to do this in a hurry is to use a kernal and small system installe
on a USB flash drive that can be encrypted and boot from that. There is a
grub boot floppy image in stable that will accomplish this if you can set the
old box 'bios' to boot from the usb port. I have done this on newer
equipment, never tried any thing older that an old 586 amd,
Good luck.
--
John W. Foster