Re: Shared library exists but claimed not found

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 08:58 -0500, Aaron M. Stromas wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On several occasions I had this problem when an application fails to
> start with "error while loading shared libraries: libxxxxxxx.so: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory", yet the library is
> there and I have update the cache using ldconfig.
>
> For example, I'm trying to get Skype running on AMD64:

I've had the same issue with Skype and (believe it or not) Python on
x86_64 and could never figure out why it was happening.

I un-installed practically everything, re-installed from source and the
issue went away. I doubt such a drastic step was needed, but I had
limited time to figure it out and sourceballs handy on CD.

Really interested to know if you solve this, I have a farm of Athalon xp
4200's I need to pave soon and really don't want to repeat the
experience on all of them.

Best,
-Tim