Re: i need ur help

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 01:32:31PM +0800, meisam sarabadani wrote:
> dear Debian People
>
> its been long time im using ubuntu, breezy, dapper, and edgy the last one,
> im ganna change it to debian for a while, would u please tell me which
> distribution is better? i need to know it and i need to make up my mind what
> to do, tell me the differences please, is is a good idea to switch to
> debian, and by the way i know that ubuntu is debian base.
>
> best regards.
>
> Meisam Sarabadani student in MMU University, malaysia, Cyberia majoring at
> Information System Engineering

Use Debian testing (etch) at the moment. It will become Debian stable
within about a month :) It supports most modern hardware, is relatively
up to date (late model X.org, KDE 3.5.*, Gnome 2.14) and will have a
long support lifetime. There is likely to be some package churn over the
next month in preparation for the release - after that, the amount of
updating needed will be minimal for a system that should "just work".

HTH,

Andy