Re: Display is jerky...........

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 14:02:12 +1100, M-L wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 13:42, John - shared this with us all:
> > On (03/11/06 12:49), M-L wrote:
> > > My screen jumps about and in my /var/log/Xorg.0.log I have this line:-
> > >
> > > (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
> > >
> > > I am wondering if someone might tell me what this means?
> > > Any suggestions welcome.
> >
> > I had the same problem; one one machine, it was paralyzing. I don't
> > know what it means; hopefully someone who understands better will
> > enlighten both of us. But I did manage to get it to go away by adding
> > the following two stanzas to /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
> >
> > Section "ServerFlags"
> >         Option  "AIGLX" "off"
> > EndSection
> > Section "Extensions"
> >         Option "Composite" "Disable"
> > EndSection
> >
> > All the usual warnings apply.
>
> Thanks John, but it didn't change anything for me. Worth a try and thanks
> again.

It is very difficult for us to help you as long as we do not know which
video card and driver you are using. Please post the output of the
following commands:

lspci | egrep -i 'video|vga|display'

awk '/Section "(Module|Device|DRI|Extensions|ServerFlags)"/,/EndSection/' /etc/X11/xorg.conf

egrep '^\((EE|WW)\)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

--
Regards,
          Florian