Re: Community hostility [Was Recent spam increase]

* Steve Lamb (grey@dmiyu.org) wrote:

>     Play on words, "holding it to one self" and "holding views".  Point being
> that not everyone is using Debian for the same reason and the rabidness that
> some of the radical views are presented are quite off-putting.  Not everyone
> is rabidly anti-capitalist. anti-microsoft, thinks that anything more
> organized than, say, Debian is "da man" and thus evil, etc.

I can see that, and yes, I agree that rabid anything tends to be
annoying.  Though, personally, in my experience on these lists
political views are usually not very troubling, and general show-off
jerkiness wins with a long lead.  I think rudeness is a problem in all
society these days, and certainly needs no political or philosophical
foundation.

Patrick

PS:  I always thought that Patrick Volkerding was the man.  Never
thought he was evil though. :-)