Re: laptop display

Mark Grieveson wrote:
Hello. I just installed Debian Etch on an old laptop (IBM Thinkpad 770). It works okay, but the image is half the screen size. It's a centred box within the larger screen. How do I make it full size? I tried "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg", thinking that changing the resolution might help, but, it did not help. I suspect it's something to do with the laptop. This is the first laptop I've ever had. All suggestions are appreciated.

With a Dell Inspiron I played with a while back, there was a either a
keyboard maneuver or else a BIOS setting (I forget which) which changed
the screen from tiny to full.  Debian etch installed without difficulty
and every system on the machine appeared to work properly.  So check the
owner's manual and go carefully through the BIOS configuration screens.

RLH