Re: the look of the bash

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 09:26:56PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 10/28/06 17:46, Kay Smarczewski wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I have just a little question.
> >
> > How can I change the look of my cursor in my bash running with vesa fb?
> > I use a laptop and if there is much light I will have to search my
> > cursor. So I would prefer some kind of rectangle instead of the line.
> >
> > And where can I make my writing smaller?
> >
> > If you had a good manual it would be also ok to send just the link. I
> > have not just found anything fitting.
> >
> > Best regards,
>
> fbset or console-tools might help.

Thank you for your answer!

But I don't really get it working. If have a resolution 1024x768
althrough WXGA (1280x800) were possible.
I reached this solution on my console (bash) by adding vga=0x316 to my
grub config file menu.lst. I also tried 0x307 but it don't works:
"unknown resolution".
Playing with fbset has no effect. Console-tools seem to be useless for
me because they should not influence my fb, should they?

What can I do?

Kay