Re: Why I left Debian

On Saturday 28 October 2006 14:42, Bruno wrote:

> Thanks I'll certainly re-try later Debian and etch.
> Especially because I already put stikers 'Debian' on my laptop and would
> not like to remove them ;-)
>
> Bruno

Did Debian detect all the hardware on your laptop?  The reason I removed
Debian from my laptop (I run Debian on two desktops) is that it would not
detect the modem (a "winmodem") or the wifi interface.  I then tried Xandros
and it did not detect them either, but Linspire detected all hardware.  I now
have Linspire and Freespire installed on the laptop.

I did not try Ubuntu or Kubuntu but those might be good choices.

8)