Re: Why I left Debian

On Saturday 28 October 2006 13:09, Bruno wrote:

> Once again I do not want to start any flame here : indeed Debian is a
> superb distro (packaging system is really superb) but, IMHO, dedicated to
> 'Linux techies' ?
> However my conclusion is this week-end I'll move back to Fedora (even if
> yum is so far behind dpkg).

My first Linux experience was with Caldera OpenLinux.  After a year or so of
that, I moved to Debian Hamm or Slink and I can't imagine going back to an
rpm-based distribution.

If you like the Debian packaging system but think Debian is for "techies", I
suggest you try Xandros, Linspire, or Freespire.  Freespire might be
too "techy" but you might want to try it anyway and it is available at no
cost.  If you want a Linux that works "out of the box", Linspire and Xandros
are very good Debianish distros.

8)