Re: cdrecord replacement (wodim) fails (WORKS NOW)

On Wed October 25 2006 09:12, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Wayne Topa(linuxone@intergate.com) is reported to have said:
> >   Just upgraded cdrecord and k3b to burn a Knoppix CD and find that
> >   the new replacement for cdrecord, wodim, can't handle it.  It fails
> >   saying the file is larger the the CD.
> >
> >   I have burned 6-8 of these CD's with k3b/cdrecord with never a
> >   problem, unitl wodim.
> >
> >   I am currently downloading a jigdo stable installation disk and can
> >   only hope that I haven't just wasted my time (26K dialup) doing it.
>
> I had to reboot, due to a power failure, and on reboot k3b (wodim) was
> able to burn the CD without errors.
>
> Strange, but it does work!

It seems to work here too, mostly. I can't seem to burn a mixed mode CD
anymore.

I wonder why the change to wodim, cdrecord has been the main stay for cd
burning for as long as I can remember. If wodim is the default now I hope it
will work as well as cdrecord has all these years.