Re: installing netfilter ipsets

On Sunday 22 October 2006 13:08, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> It might be possible to use checkinstall to build a .deb package for
> your self-compiled version of iptables. This can then probably act as a
> drop-in replacement for the standard iptables package on your system.

I was not sure how to go about it and the result was an empty package, which
will work nicely as a fake package that will prevent other packages such as
shorewall from being removed.  I have to do this with ipsets as well.

The command I used when I first installed this new iptables was:
KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux make install

So the checkinstall variation I used was:

KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux checkinstall make install

'checkinstall KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux make install'  Had the same result,
but it solves the main problem.