Re: Hal error when starting dbus

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 17:07:23 -0400, Brent Bailey wrote:
> Florian et al.,
>
> I checked the md5sum and it is the same as you gave.
>
> The only thing in /etc/default/hal is "DAEMON_OPTS=".
>
> I uninstalled hal and removed all configuration files, and reinstalled
> it.  Still getting the same error though.

The /etc/dbus-1/event.d/20hal script uses functions which are defined in
/lib/lsb/init-functions; maybe that is where things go wrong. What is
your version of lsb-base?

$ dpkg -l lsb-base
||/ Name                 Version              Description
ii  lsb-base             3.1-17               Linux Standard Base 3.1 init script functionality

--
Regards,
          Florian