Re: Exim4 and Mutt for beginners?

> > Should I wade into the Exim4 docs and try and figure that out, or is
> > there a simpler option for someone with minimal experience with such
> > matters?

Sorry for comming late into the thread.
Personaly, I would take that step. It is
for better usage of the box.
Despite MTA is one of best things on unices,
you don't need it in deed. Instead of fetch-
mail (and sendmail/exim/postfix), you could
give a chance to getmail. It puts mail right
to mbox you name, whenever it is. No sign of
MTA (if you like it that way).
To send mail, use ssmtp/esmtp of similar. Just
point from ".muttrc" to that binary. Again,
no need for MTA. But, any MTA is so good
idea, to make your life easier, that none
should miss it.
If exim looks hard, postfix is just next
best option. Easy to set up, secure, one
file to mess with. KISS.
Anyhow, mutt can fetch mail directly from
ISP. It is all in conf file. Make ".mutrc"
in home directory and get fun.

                     Zoran