Re: getting a list of manually installed package

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 14:52 +0200, Rob Wilco wrote:

> >> Did you manually installed the essential packages?
> >
> > When Debian is first installed, all the installed packages are marked as
> > manually installed in aptitude, so that was already done.
>
> So basically, I see no way of getting a list of my manually installed
> packaged without debian's manually installed package.
>
> And if I try to trick apt by telling him that all packages are
> automatically installed except those i personnaly installed, aptitude
> wants to uninstall them right away.
>
> But I refined my question: how to get a list of the installed packages
> that differs from the standard debian installation?

Well, to do that you would have to have a list of the packages in the
"standard" tasksel selection, then remove those packages from aptitude's
manually installed list.  Or get dpkg's list of installed packages on a
newly installed system, and use that.