Re: How many DDs are there?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com>:
>  On 10/17/06, s. keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:
> > Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > I always wondered why I would be motivated to leave Debian :-)
>
> >    - At times, Debian can look like "OS by committee."  Eeww.
>
>  I don't properly understand. Which model do you prefer?

For instance (in no particular order), Linus Torvalds, Larry Wall,
Steve's Jobs and Wozniak, and Richard Stallman.  Outliers who built
something because it didn't exist and they wanted it to.

Don't get me wrong; I really like Debian.  I've been happily Debian
for going on ten years now.  I'm very thankful Ian Murdock and friends
decided to create it, and that so many others have continued to make
it better.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html