Re: Moving "setup" from one computer to another?

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 15:08:07 +0200, Maarten Verwijs wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 01:27:30PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> >Source system:
>> >debconf-get-selections > debconfsel.txt
>> >
>> >Target System:
>> >debconf-set-selections < debconfsel.txt
>> >
>> >A lot of settings are kept in debconf. You could also edit the
>> >debconfsel.txt if you want to change stuff.
>>
>> Brilliant!  This is a good example of why I keep coming back to Debian
>> all the time.
>
>Coming back?
>
>Then the question now is: what is it that has you _leaving_ Debian all
>the time?

Curiousness, of course. :-)

And I have to say that it hasn't happend in about one year now (latest
excursion was to Ubuntu).

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

"You're one hundred percent positive that the ship which is crashed on
the bottom of this ocean is the ship which you said you were one
hundred percent positive could one hundred percent positively never
crash?"