Re: 2 e1000 interfaces not working together

On 26.09.2006, at 11:21, George Borisov wrote:
udo waechter wrote:

If only one Interface is up (no matter which one) I can not only reach
the IP adress of that interface but also the other IP Adress which is
not assigned to any computer in the subnet. It also works vice-versa.
When both cards are down, none of the two IPs are reachable (via ping or
ssh or so)

Well that would make sense. If the interfaces are down, how can
you get to them?
I mentioned that fact only for completeness of information regarding this issue. The strange thing that I wanted to point to is: If only one of the interfaces is up the computer responds to both IP- adresses. This should not be the case, since the other network card is not up, and no other computer has its IP.

What exactly is psplit-routing?

These guys explain it so much better than I could in a short email:

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

Thanks for the link. After reading the article I realized that I simply did not encounter the term until yesterday.

Have fun,
udo.

--
---[ Institute of Cognitive Science @ University of Osnabrueck
---[ Albrechtstrasse 28, D-49076 Osnabrueck, 969-3362