Re: spamcop

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:55:18 +0100, George Borisov
<george@dxsolutions.co.uk> wrote:

>John Kelly wrote:

>> So I only have an opinion, without experience?  How would you know?

>I don't, so I make no assumptions that you do.

>> When you're near the bottom of the authority chain, perhaps submission
>> is the best way to cope.

My statement is a simple if/then clause.  It does NOT say "George is
near the bottom of the authority chain."  I made no assumptions.  But
if the shoe fits, you can wear it.

You started this by saying your "experience" contradicts my "opinion"
to imply that I don't know what I'm talking about.

And then, you contradict yourself.

You dispute my assertion that many users are so happy to have a spam
free INBOX, they won't complain about losing a few false positives.
Yet in the same email, you acknowledge that the number of complaining
users is very small.

Well then obviously, if the number of complaining users is very small,
then what I said must be true:  many users won't complain.

George, if this is a debate, you're losing.