Re: spamcop

John Kelly wrote:

> My statement is a simple if/then clause.  It does NOT say "George is
> near the bottom of the authority chain."  I made no assumptions.  But
> if the shoe fits, you can wear it.

Ah well, you missed my point about customer service then (which
was my point by the way - shame, I even put in a "==" and
everything to make it more entertaining.)

> You started this by saying your "experience" contradicts my "opinion"
> to imply that I don't know what I'm talking about.

When I said my experience contradicts your opinion I meant
exactly that, word for word.

If you want to read more into it then that's fine. It is not my
place to look after your self-confidence issues.

> You dispute my assertion that many users are so happy to have a spam
> free INBOX, they won't complain about losing a few false positives.
> Yet in the same email, you acknowledge that the number of complaining
> users is very small.

The number of _directly_ complaining users is small. I know well
enough that for every one that does a good few more will complain
up their chain of command instead (we are only a service provider
after all).

> Well then obviously, if the number of complaining users is very small,
> then what I said must be true:  many users won't complain.

Such simplistic thinking - are you sure you know what you are
talking about? (FYI this is more of a joke.)

> George, if this is a debate, you're losing.

In your opinion. :-p

Best regards,

--
George Borisov