Re: SATA Drives and 2.6.x (WAS: Re: 2.6.16-2-686 not booting: Waiting for root filesystem)

Bill Smith wrote:

Marc Shapiro wrote:

So, SATA drives will 'just work' with a 2.6.x kernel?

I am running testing here on a 200G sata drive on an Asus P5P800
no problems at all, though strangely grub would not install, but
lilo did, so it is fine. It is an Intel ICH5 controller.

Thanks to all who have responded. I just upgraded my MB and the new one has SATA connectors, so I was just wondering for the future. It's nice to know that I have additional options, now.

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail