Re: laser printer recommendation for personal use?

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:56:57 +1000, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:

Arafangion <arafangion@fussycoder.id.au> writes:
The lexmark printers appear to be better designed for recycling and are
cheaper - albit at marginally worse print quality. (Both printers
are very poor quality, so this makes little difference).

Er, are there any popular choices that have _good_ print quality?

[My only experience with printers is those at work, which tend to be
very high quality, though I assume they're pretty expensive too.]

-Miles

I doubt you will get _good_ print quality with any low-end printer,
but you will certainly get decent enough for any mere mortal, and indeed,
any business. (imho)

On the other hand, if you want really, really black blacks, (I've
seen printers that produce printouts that you can actually SEE the
text raised on the paper - they were that black - plus, they used
alot of ink) - this is, however, a different league.