Re: laser printer recommendation for personal use?

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:15:24 +1000, B.Hoffmann <dark.project@virgin.net> wrote:

Thanks everybody for the feedback. I'll be going for a Brother, they
seem to bundle DEBs and other format linux drivers on their cd, should
be supported.
Just why is the HL-2070N $136,- on newegg and £144 on dabs here? At an
exchange rate of around $1.80 to one £ this should be... a lot less. Oh
well, just more of the same rip off, business loves the UK.
I had a brother, and they do seem to be reasonable using the built-in linux drivers,
however I now use a Lexmark. (I decided to give toner refills a go, and
it ruined my drum)

The lexmark printers appear to be better designed for recycling and are
cheaper - albit at marginally worse print quality. (Both printers
are very poor quality, so this makes little difference).
Lexmark also has debian drivers, though they do not appear to be integrated
with CUPS (I use compatible drivers from teh cups database instead).

In short, give Lexmark a gander.  In Australia, at least, they are the
cheaper choice (At least, at the shop I went to).

Kind Regards,
B.Hoffmann

#398054 using

-Ubuntu (Breezy)-Debian (Etch)-Zenwalk Linux-