Re: laser printer recommendation for personal use?

On 15 Sep 2006, Ken Wahl wrote:
> I'm quite satisfied with the Brother HL-2060 I purchased a year ago for
> about $120. It sells now on NewEgg for $106. The Brother HL-2070N looks
> like the model that would fit your needs, specifically ethernet
> connectivity. It's selling on NewEgg for $135. Go here [1] to see the
> reviews on NewEgg.
>
> Linux drivers are available from the Brother website [2] but for me the
> HL-1250 ppd in cups works fine.
>
> [1] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16828113165
> [2] http://www.brother.com/E-ftp/info/index.html
>
> --
> Ken Wahl

I have a Kyocera Mita FS1010. It has the merit that the drum never needs
replacing in the life of the printer (if it does fail, Kyocera are very
good about replacing it for free). It works well with Linux; it will
work with Cups but I prefer magicfilter.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian