Re: laser printer recommendation for personal use?

Hendrik wrote:

> I wouldn't mind knowing your reasone for switching from
> Ubuntu to Etch -- not that I'm surprised.  I've been forced in the
> opposite direction by xorg crashes.

5.10 is getting a bit old with EoL approaching next March. Though that
one is very stable here and has been running well since the previews
more than a year ago I don't really like their newer version
(6.04/Dapper).

Also an upgrade on another machine did not go as smooth as it should
have and there were lots of reviews around a while ago with other people
experiencing the same.

So with Etch coming along so nicely (32 bit version here on an AMD 64 X2
and no problems in about two months since install) if I have to
reinstall anyway might as well go for the real thing, and I find the
Debian philosophy and mailing lists and web pages more agreeable than
Ubuntu's forums etc.
Last year round there wasn't much choice if you wanted up to date Gnome
etc. but Etch is def. a huge step from Sarge (not that I'm dissing it,
but it was a bit old for the desktop).

...and then the brown is starting to seriously annoy me, so much that I
even got rid of the boot up splash and rather watch the whole thing
raw...

Kind Regards,
B.Hoffmann

#398054 using

-Ubuntu (Breezy)-Debian (Etch)-Zenwalk Linux-