Re: Sendmail in Sarge and Etch

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, T.J. Duchene wrote:

What is the appropriate list for this?  Bugs?

Yes, bugs, or directly to the maintainer

I'm not sure if you would really consider this a flaw or not. I do, but then I've had more experience with Sendmail than most.

A flaw, but a cosmetic one

This, of course, is not permitted. While the generated sendmail.cf file appears to work (I haven't inspected it.), this causes an error every time that sendmail is configured. This has been a long standing problem - over a year.

It not only appears to work, but in fact does work

I'd also like to suggest enabling some of the more commonly used features, such as virtusertable and blacklisting.

I hear the maintainer gladly accepts patches, and has only refused one
thusfar :)

I'd rather use the Debian stock packages rather than have to replace sendmail every time I update. I can even donate a preconfigured sendmail.mc file if it will help.

You're making alot of work for yourself.... edit sendmail.mc once, and
help the maintainer fix sendmailconfig, or don't use it and your file
will not be overwritten - no need to replace sendmail or build your own

--
Rick Nelson
<toor> netgod: what do you have in your kernel??? The compiled source for