Sendmail in Sarge and Etch

What is the appropriate list for this?  Bugs?

I'm not sure if you would really consider this a flaw or not. I do, but then I've had more experience with Sendmail than most.

The Debian package installers in Sarge and Etch contain a serious flaw in the setup scripts that place FEATURE() after MAILER () in the m4 sendmail.mc file.

This, of course, is not permitted. While the generated sendmail.cf file appears to work (I haven't inspected it.), this causes an error every time that sendmail is configured. This has been a long standing problem - over a year.

I'd also like to suggest enabling some of the more commonly used features, such as virtusertable and blacklisting.

I'd rather use the Debian stock packages rather than have to replace sendmail every time I update. I can even donate a preconfigured sendmail.mc file if it will help.

T.J.