Re: alternative for rdiff-backup

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 12:04:27PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Cameron L. Spitzer wrote:
> > We did not use the rdiff-backup package from Debian
> > because it's too old.
>
> rdiff-backup is and was always uptodate in Debian testing and unstable.
> However, in sarge it is outdated, something I can't fix, but aside of
> the unstable version, I also maintain the backport of rdiff-backup on
> backports.org. This should be enough.
>
> Atm, rdiff-backup is broken because of the python transition, something
> I have to look into.
>
> And yes, you could have just emailed me, I'm pretty responsive...
>
> Kevin Mark wrote:
> > Unless someone has the
> > desire to possibly do a 'friendly' takeover if the maintainer is MIA.
>
> I know you said it without knowing, but I'm anything else than mia, I'm
> even reading debian-user ;)
Hi Daniel,
I didn't realize that the OP was referring to Sarge and that sid has a
more up-to-date version. I would have suggested backports.org in that
case. I would never suggest a takeover of a package that is being
maintained, only one that was not being maintained enough for the users
for a forthcomming release. Glad to hear that you are not MIA and that
you are keeping backports! I'm sure the OP should be able to use that.
cheers,
Kev