Re: alternative for rdiff-backup

[This message has also been posted to linux.debian.user.]
In article <6UPM6-3ah-7@gated-at.bofh.it>, Kevin Mark wrote:

> --ABTtc+pdwF7KHXCz
>
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 05:49:57PM +0100, Michael Ott wrote:
>> Hello!
>>=20
>> rdiff-backup crashed every second use.
> Hi Michael,
> it seems a wiser thing to do to try to help the maintainer of
> rdiff-backup as both of you have an interest in seeing it work, that is

For what it's worth, I've been using rdiff-backup for
a couple of years now.  Every night my sarge system backs
itself up to my colocation company's file server.
Now and then one of my users deletes something by
mistake and I bring it back for them like magic.
What a great program.

We did not use the rdiff-backup package from Debian
because it's too old.  Rdiff-backup wants to be
the same version at both ends, and he installed from
the upstream so I had to.  But it's running over Debian's
rsync and ssh.

Cameron