Re: Debian Newbie looking for Usefull Tools

Raquel wrote:
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 16:04:02 -0500
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

If you really want to use webmin, use the upstream version (see
my other messages on the topic), but it is much better to
actually learn the system's interface and where everything is
located via the command line.

I second that: webmin is too much. Everything it does can be done usually very simply with a command line tool. It just takes a
little  learning.

I tried using Webmin almost 8 years ago when I first started using
Linux.  I thought that leaning Webmin was more difficult than
learning to use the command line.

I find it useful for things like managing bind files, and for monitoring other machines (ping monitor and email if down), and such. For minor config files changes, vi is still the easiest way to go.