Multiple RAID or encrypted partitions

I am wondering if there is any reason why the Debian installer doesn't
allow multiple partitions in a RAID5 array or an encrypted volume.  It
is possible to have multiple partitions in a RAID array, right?  And
what about for encryption?

What I'm wanting to do is have a RAID5 array on three drives, then one
crypt volume on that, then two or more partitions in that: /, swap, and
perhaps /home or others if I want to use other separate partitions.

I'm using the latest etch debian-installer netinst i386 images (as of
about a week ago); etch beta 3, I think it is.