Re: postfix in unstable does not auth to smarthost
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: postfix in unstable does not auth to smarthost
- From: Andrei Popescu <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 17:06:23 +0300
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20060906091055.GA31086@TPAlbert.ximeswien.local>
- References: <email@example.com> <20060906091055.GA31086@TPAlbert.ximeswien.local>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Albert Dengg) wrote:
> for me the following setting works on 3 machines:
> relayhost = [mail.gmx.net]
> sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
> smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
> smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
> smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
> smtp_use_tls = yes
> though that way it also uses tls...
> so you might want to skip smtp_use_tls
> maybe it helps
The only significant difference I can spot is the 'noanonymous' option,
which I already tried (sorry, forgot to mention in OP).
P.S. Are you running sid as well?
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.