[SOLVED:] postfix in unstable does not auth to smarthost

Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@getmail.com> wrote:

> The only significant difference I can spot is the 'noanonymous' option,
> which I already tried (sorry, forgot to mention in OP).

IT HAD TO BE A STUPID MISTYPE. Sorry for caps, but you can imagine my
frustration when I noticed it was stmp_ ... instead of

	smtp_sasl_security_options =

(empty, just as in bug #252837). It works with 'noanonymous' too, but
that uses plaintext authentication. And because the option was
commented out (and I used postconf -n instead of just copy-paste), it
also didn't appear in my original post.

Maybe it will serve at least as a lesson for others ...
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)