[SOLVED:] postfix in unstable does not auth to smarthost
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [SOLVED:] postfix in unstable does not auth to smarthost
- From: Andrei Popescu <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 11:37:31 +0300
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060906091055.GA31086@TPAlbert.ximeswien.local> <email@example.com>
Andrei Popescu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The only significant difference I can spot is the 'noanonymous' option,
> which I already tried (sorry, forgot to mention in OP).
IT HAD TO BE A STUPID MISTYPE. Sorry for caps, but you can imagine my
frustration when I noticed it was stmp_ ... instead of
(empty, just as in bug #252837). It works with 'noanonymous' too, but
that uses plaintext authentication. And because the option was
commented out (and I used postconf -n instead of just copy-paste), it
also didn't appear in my original post.
Maybe it will serve at least as a lesson for others ...
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.