Re: Thunderbird does not show attachments any longer

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:18:07 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Nevertheless, have you considered upgrading to 1.5.0.6, either thru
> backports.or or the mozilla.org binary?

I answered this elsewhere here:
If ever we wanted to take a larger part of the desktop / server market, we
have to change our attitudes.
If I run Debian stable, apt-get should give me a proper, working system.
What a strange approach, to suggest users follow development of their
applications and decide to upgrade from other sources to prevent bit-rot.

Ron, this is surely not personal. I appreciate your input, even. But if
we wanted to convince Joe User to go for Linux (or GNU/Linux), we can't
want to require Joe to become a geek in order to use it.
apt-get is one of the greatest items in FOSS; superior to anything else,
including Windoze update (of course).
It must be and remain a one-stop item to get a system to update and for a
user to  run in order to know about the current state of your 'stable'
system. Not Wikis, lists, googles, bit-rots, bugzillas, backports and
stuff.

My 2 sen,

Uwe