friendly suggestion for htdig

Hello. If there are any developers reading this, I'd like to make a friendly suggestion for htdig for Etch. I think it would be a good idea to include a note about external parsers in the htdig.conf file (which did exist in the Sarge version of htdig).

I spent a few good hours, messing around with the file doc2html.pl (which I found in the examples section of the included htdig documentation). Further, someone on the htdig mailing list suggested this file. Needless to say, no matter what I did, the file did not work. I then chanced upon the parse_doc.pl file, and got parsing to work by adding the following to htdig.conf:

external_parsers: application/pdf->text/html /usr/share/htdig/parse_doc.pl \
application/msword->text/html /usr/share/htdig/parse_doc.pl

It would be nice if this was already included in the htdig.conf file, perhaps commented out, giving me the choice to activate it. Perhaps with a little note about installing xpdf-utils, and/or acroread, and installing catdoc, to make it work. That way, others can avoid losing some precious time in setting up their search engine to parse pdf documents. It would also be a good idea to have the accompanying documentation reflect the usage of the parse_doc.pl file, instead of providing examples of stuff that clearly does not work.

Thanks for the great work on Debian.

Mark