Re: Thunderbird does not show attachments any longer

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 01:33:39AM +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 10:46:31 +0200, Alexander Sack wrote:
>
> > Look here [1] on how to get a fix for this. The fixed package will be
> > rolled out as soon as all architectures build.
> >
> > BTW, we need more testers for security releases. Just keep the apt
> > lines mentioned in that bug and report issues to me or file a
> > bug. This would help a lot, thx.

> Sure, done ! - Download takes hours, so I'll report back when it is ready.
> I'll keep the line(s), as well.
>
> Very good job on your side; and things *can* break.
>
> What is not good, though, is the lack of information; somehow. I googled
> intensely; read all archives, lists. Nothing. Didn't think of a bug
> report. Invested > 1 hour. No solution. Wrote to the list; had some
> good

I agree, anyway,

If you go to http://bugs.debian.org  and search for package
mozilla-thunderbird and filter only for distribution for stable, the
top two issues are the ones of concern here ... so should pretty easy
to find.

Try:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=mozilla-thunderbird&archive=no&version=&dist=stable

Anyway, I see that this might not be the most obvious way to go for users.

> hints (meaning: more people involved - kind of uselessly).
> IMHO, there must be a repository, a list, a means to get a message like
> this one out. There are and were hundreds of 'broken for me' on this
> list; if not thousands. The most obvious thing to do, is a list of some
> kind that confirms 'broken' or 'currently broken' and finally 'unbroken'.
> Would save everyone plenty of time to consult such a list !: If
> something

In fact, you ask for an integration of the package manager with the
bug-tracking system. There used to be a tool called apt-listbugs [1],
which unfortunately stopped working with the upgrade of our new
versioned bug-tracking system. Don't know if there is a substitude
so far. But it was almost exactly what you propose here.

[1] - http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/apt-listbugs

 - Alexander
--
 GPG messages preferred.    |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack             | : :' :      The  universal