rtc not behaving in etch?

During boot on my Etch machine (Dell PowerEdge 830 with an Intel Pentium D CPU
2.80GHz), during boot, there is a message about select() timing out
on /dev/rtc.  That message displays twice, a few more messages, then there is
a message about "trying to set the system clock again."  I've looked through
the syslog and dmesg, and these messages are not in there.  Or else I'd post
the exact messages. :)

Ah, a google search found the exact message for me:
select to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

But no solution.

Has anyone seen anything like this.  Is it something to be worried about?

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111