Re: (OT) Prejudice against sendmail?

T wrote:
> Why? You'll have better support. Recently I need to config my MTA to use
> smarthost to talk to my ISP. For several weeks, I tried to do it with
> Exim. Then another several weeks on postfix, I searched and asked, all
> efforts ended no where.

    Not sure why anyone who needs just a smarthost would use a full-featured
MTA.  Personally I love Exim4 yet on 3 machines I ripped it out in favor of
nullmailer because all those machines need to do is forward mail to my mail
server which does run Exim4.

    Here's my entire configuration...
smtp.dmiyu.org smtp --port=25

    Doesn't get much simpler than that.